Nail fungal infection begins as a yellow or white spot below the toenail tip attacks one toe and then spreads to the toe nails. While it goes deeper, the nail becomes brittle, thickened, discolored and painful. There are many Cures for toenail fungus but treating this fungus, but when it grows out of control it becomes difficult to eradicate the infection and also stop it from recurring. The following are the Cures for toenail fungus:
cure toenail fungus
1. Tea tree oil- as a cure for toenail fungus, the oil is a natural fungicide and antiseptic. Directly apply a few drops of pure tea tree oil to the fungus affectedtoenail. Allow the oil to remain there for ten to fifteen minutes and then scrub the nail using a toothbrush. The oil will cover the nail and when you scrub it the upper nail layer will slough off. Apply the cure for toenail fungus twice a day and after the fungus has cleared continue using it for more weeks to remove it completely.
2. Soak the toes in Listerine mouthwash. The antiseptic properties of the mouthwash makes it the best cure for toenail fungus. Listerine mouthwash has alcohols and compounds like the euchalyptol and salicylate thymol which when combined; Listerine becomes a good cure for toenail fungus. Soak your feet for up to twenty minutes in Listerine twice each day until the fungus disappears.
3. Vinegar and warm water- the fact that vinegar is mildly acidic, makes it the best cure for toenail fungus with the capability of stopping the fungus from spreading. Mix equal portions of vinegar and warm water in a basin and the soak your nails for fifteen to twenty minutes. After the twenty minutes, dry the feet thoroughly with a towel then use a dryer to eliminate the moisture present in the toenails.
Vinegar is not effective as a cure for toenail fungus since it does not remove the scaling layer, since it remains under the dead skin layer. Prepare an exfoliation brush using vinegar and coarsely-grounded rice flour and apply the vinegar paste over the nail and rub the skin and nail gently. The scrub will help remove the dead nail cell and skin layer.
4. Olive and Oregano oil- as a cure for toenail fungus the oregano oil has antifungal, antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral properties. So mix a tablespoon of olive oil with two drops of oregano oil and apply the mixture on toenails. Use this home cure for toenail fungus up to three weeks to eradicate the fungus.
5. Hydrogen peroxide- for hydrogen peroxide to be fast and effective as a cure for toenail fungus, use pure hydrogen peroxide twice a day for twenty minutes. If you find this cure for toenail fungus harsh you can mix equal amount of water and hydrogen peroxide in a basin and soak your feet for up to twenty minutes. After the twenty minute dry the feet using absorbent paper towel.
6. Another cure for toenail fungus although not effective when it comes to treating the affected toe is vicksvaporub. Vicks is able to stop the fungus from growing but not eradicate the fungus. So if using this cure, you will have to use it until the fungus affected nails grow out and are replaced by new nails.
Cure for toenail fungus